Packaging Team Member
The most qualified candidate will become part of the Weyerbacher Brewing team and will report directly to the Packaging Lead. The team member will participate in all facets of packaging operations and including but not limited to bottling, kegging and canning.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work on the bottling line including bottle depalletizer, rinser, filler, labeler and packing machines
- Work on kegging machine
- Help with mobile canning operations
- Glue and stack boxes at a high rate of speed
- Perform equipment cleaning (CIP) and maintenance
- Strong communication, planning and organizational skills
- Maintain paperwork in an accurate and timely manner
- Perform quality control and quality assurance testing as necessary
- Actively find improvements for the beer and our processes
- Must be willing to pitch in on tasks outside your key responsibilities
Abilities and Skills
- Degree in Fermentation Science or completion of brewing-science program a plus
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Flexible work schedule: day, night and weekend shifts
- Ability to multitask and manage time while being detail oriented
- Must be able to move 165 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for 8 – 10 hours per day
- Must be competent with MS Office, Google Docs
- Must be able to operate a forklift (training provided)
- Must be able to enjoy making great beer
Please note that this job description is not definitive and may be modified to reflect changing needs. Serious candidates should send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.