Nineteen

anniversary-19-no-warningBrewed to the classic “Weyerbacher anniversary requirement” of a strength of 10% ABV or more, Nineteen fits the mold and brings a new dimension to the anniversary pedigree: tartness! Two brews were made: a high-ABV mango-infused wheat beer and a tart blending beer, both using pale and wheat malts and a blend of Belgian yeasts. The final blended beer features both tropical sweetness, as well as the tart citrusy character of a spontaneously fermented beer. Nineteen should cellar quite well. Cheers!

posted by Bill Bragg in Anniversary,Beers and have Comments (9)

9 Responses to “Nineteen”

1. avatar Jeff Doyle says:

Absolutely unique! A liquid fit for the gods! We are not worthy!

2. avatar Steph says:

This is absolutely amazing! You guys needs to keep this one going indefinitely and I wish I could get it in Burlington County in Jersey!

3. avatar Bob Hansen says:

Picked up a 32 oz growler an hour ago. Just tried it and I will be going back to grab some bottles and a 64 oz growler (or two). I am drinking it a little warmer than usual and it tastes great. An amazing beer.

4. avatar Leo Huanca says:

Its the best fruit infused beer I have ever tasted.A must have to battle the summer heat.A pity its only limited.

5. avatar Todd says:

This is without a doubt one of my favorite beers EVER. But what is the residue that’s in all of my bottles floating around when I pour into a glass? The one I’m drinking now has all of these, I’d guess you’d call them, flakes sitting on the bottom. Is this normal?

Hello, Todd! It’s likely you are looking at particulate which has settled on the bottom. Nineteen is an intentionally hazy beer and as such, will have some settling over time.

6. avatar Justin D says:

I beg you, BEG YOU….. Please continue this beer! I have tried countless wheats, fruits, Belgium’s. Its become a hobby. But now I sit at the bar and just drink nineteen. I thought I’ve found “my beer”. Then discovered that this is just an anniversary beer, I’m heart broken. Please don’t stop making my beer!

Hi Justin!
      Uh…. sorry? Tis the nature of an anniversary beer to be a temporary thing to be celebrated, cellared and enjoyed. That said, Thirteen came back in a slightly different form as Tiny so it is possible we could see a variant of Nineteen return one day. Cheers!