Camelopardalis

camelopardalis-labelCamelopardalis (meaning Camel Leopard AKA Giraffe) is the next installment in the Brewers’ Select Series.

With a deceptively low bitterness measurement of just 40 IBU and a whopping 10.2% ABV, this Belgian-style Imperial IPA sports huge aromatic notes of orange, coconut and tropical fruits (thanks to the whirlpool blast of over 200 pounds of Hopsteiner OCC Experimental and Simcoe Hops!). It’s vinous, leggy and has a nice, fluffy white head. The dry, malty backbone is courtesy of a 100% North American pale malt grain bill fermented with a Belgian wheat beer yeast. Esters of green apple linger on your palate. The bitterness doesn’t hang out too long, so it makes for a great pairing with delicate foods as well as spicy dishes. This beer was brewed to be consumed immediately, so please do not age it at all! Enjoy it fresh, enjoy it now!

Camelopardalis debuts Friday, March 7th, 2014 at noon at Weyerbacher’s Visitors Center in 12 oz bottles and growler fills. Camelopardalis will be available on draft in extremely limited quantities in restaurants and bars in early March. 12 oz. bottles are available exclusively at the Visitors Center. We’ll fill growlers too!

posted by Bill Bragg in Beers,Brewers Select and have Comments (11)

11 Responses to “Camelopardalis”

1. avatar James Merrell-Thomas says:

Bought a case on our last Visit to the Brewery and we love it.

2. avatar Scott Walters says:

Nice job, again. Keep em coming Bill. Ha!
    P.s. captchas are irritating

Thanks, Scott! Thanks to that incredibly easy test, we know it’s ‘Real Firefighter Scott Walters’, not ‘Robot Spam-O-Matic Scott Walters’. Glad you enjoyed Camelopardalis!

3. avatar Steve Butterweck says:

Coming over early next week, can’t wait to try it. Hope you still have plenty!

4. avatar Lyle says:

Unbelievable taste, great job,had it Friday nite on tap at sterling house didn’t know who’s it was ,then I seen on the board they had weyerbacher on tap said to a friend that I love weyerbacher and I would have order it but this beer was so good that I had to have an other,little to my surprise when I went to order it was the camelepardalis, decided on Sunday to go out and get myself a couple of six packs ,to my surprise after I went to the fourth liquor store they looked it up for me and said that it was one of the brewers select series. Bringing me to the point that I will be up there this week to get my case ,hopefully you still have it,great job guys enjoyed it immensely.

Hi Lyle! Bring a growler and come soon because we ONLY have it on draft! We’ve been sold out of cases for a few weeks now. We expected a shipment of growlers last week but it has yet to arrive so BYO!

5. avatar Meg says:

My fiancé and I visited about a month ago and loved our time there. We both instantly fell in love with this beer and were really upset that we couldn’t purchase a growler to get it. 2 weeks later, we found it at a bar and got a growler.
    It has become my favorite beer and I’m so saddened to hear that it’ll go away soon.

We plan to visit in a week, and I hope we can fill our growler!!

Glad you loved it! We still have ~ 23 gallons of it in the Visitors Center – you should be fine!

6. […] Camelopardalis is a Belgian IPA from Weyerbacher Brewing in Easton, Pa., that recently came out in a limited […]

7. […] Does Camelopardalis sound familiar to you? It’s also the name of a beer that debuted in March by the brewing company Weyerbacher. […]