Imperial Pumpkin Ale

WINNER: Bronze Medal 2010 GABF “Field Beer”.

Like a pyramid for a pharaoh, we set out to make a bold monument for The King of the Pumpkins!

This 8.0% ABV pumpkin ale is the mother of all pumpkin ales. It is heartier, spicier, and more “caramelly” and “pumpkiny” than its faint brethren! We have added lots of pumpkin along with cinnamon, nutmeg and a touch of cardamom and clove giving this beer a spicy, full-bodied flavor. This truly is an Imperial Pumpkin Ale.

Perfect finisher on a cool autumn night, or match it up with a slice of pumpkin pie and fresh whipped cream. It is available August through November.

posted by shlampe in Seasonal and have Comments (169)

169 Responses to “Imperial Pumpkin Ale”

1. […] Inc. Pumpkin, 5.8%: 5/10 pumpkins #13 Smuttynose Brewing Co. Pumpkin Ale, 6.3%: 5/10 pumpkins #14 Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin Ale, 8%: 5/10 pumpkins #15 Blue Moon Harvest Pumpkin Ale, 5.7%: 5/10 pumpkins #16 Shipyard Brewing […]

2. avatar David Evans says:

I had this for the first time last night. It is now my favorite pumpkin ale. Absolutely delicious!!!

• avatar Rick says:

just tried this fall beer among alot of others this season. I honestly have not had a better full bodied beer listed as a “Pumpkin IPA”. This beer is worth its price tag. I am an Imperial Pumpkin Ale Addict. This is 1 I will store away. Thanx Guys.

RLH ;p

3. avatar Nancy says:

I tried it over the weekend with a grilled cheese sandwich! So good, it is definitely the best Pumpkin Ale I’ve tried. keep up the great work!

All I have to say is that out of all different Pumpkin ales that we get in the state, Weyerbacher’s is the best hands down. That one pumpkin ale that everyone goes crazy over is artificially flavored and you can taste it. Choose this Imperial Pumpkin Ale over any other!!! Rum barrel age this baby guys. That’d be interesting.

5. avatar jon says:

i have a couple old bottle of the imperial pumpkin ale (not a good idea i’m sure) that i am trying to date. do the numbers in the bottom of the bottle (G 43 09) have any meaning? i don’t see any other date markers

Hi Jon! Those are something to do with the mfg date of the bottle itself (the actual glass thingie). Our dates will look like this:

081412
      041412

The top is the date bottled and the bottom is the ‘recommended by’ date. There are some bottles out there with no dates as the date coder we have acts up a bit.

6. avatar Benjamin says:

The absolute best Pumpkin Ale i’ve ever had. I hope I can find it in stores locally!

7. […] Setting out on the mission to create the “King of the Pumpkins,” the Pennsylvania based brewery created a 8% ABV brew that’s a bit spicier than many of the other contenders on the list. The full-body flavored is perfect for any cool autumn night. [Details] […]

8. avatar Robert Bischel says:

The best pumpkin beer I’ve ever had. Tone down on the cinnamon a tad, but other than that A+

Got a case of it today for $23. Total Wine is good like that with seasonal beers.

10. avatar Derek says:

I was lucky enough to snag a case of this, being one of my top 5 beers along with Merry Monks, a few weeks ago. The case was bottled in July and is best by March 2014. Is this more sour/bitter than years past? I have the previous 2 years aged, but obviously I can’t compare. I just wanted to know if anyone else felt this way, it seems very different.

Oh and Aries was a work of genius. When my 2 cases run out I may sulk for a week.