Seventeen

Seventeen is a Saison Ale brewed with pink peppercorns, orange zest, lemon zest, and grapefruit zest.  Brewed to the classic “Weyerbacher anniversary requirement” of a strength of 10% abv or more, Seventeen weighs in at a style-obliterating 10.5% abv.  Seventeen releases subtle notes of fruit, berry and pepper upon pouring. You’ll notice a balanced sweetness with a touch of citrus and spice with a dry and peppery finish.

Seventeen is a once-and-done release only and will not be here for long!  This style of beer should age very, very well.  Be sure to get some before it’s gone!

posted by Bill Bragg in Anniversary,Beers and have Comments (26)

26 Responses to “Seventeen”

Just checked with my SO that we are not going out today and drank a bottle of Seventeen that I picked up earlier from Weyerbacher, not just a bottle, three cases.
    I like it.
    I know how Merry Monks’ ages so well over three years and I have a good feeling that Seventeen will age similarly. Depending on how I perceive it over the week, I might be back for more.

Congrats! I wish you plenty more of anniversary ales. Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty, all the way to Fifty or maybe even more.

3. avatar Kevin Bastos says:

How can we make certain our local distributor gets it? I’m near Pittsburgh, but I’m still aging a few packs of 15 and 16 for my kids.

Go in there… and order some?

• avatar Kevin Bastos says:

I have asked at two locations. We shall see.

• avatar Kevin Bastos says:

I’ve ‘ordered’ and so far received one response that a distributor may never get it, and the other one is set to call me when it comes in. I will be swinging through the north and eastern part of the state. Any chance you know of a distributor who had a case that I could find?

I will reach out to our reps and see what I can find out – stay tuned!

From our rep for the area: “It should be on shelves this week; tell them to go to the banshee pub, thurs night. Georgetown Deli is def taking some; sabatinis too”

• avatar Kevin Bastos says:

Chilling in the fridge now. Some this summer, some aging for summers in the future, next to my fifteen, sixteen, and Bell’s 9000 and 10000. You kids should get together, and see what awesomeness you can spawn.

Scored a 4pk tonight, anxiously awaiting other stores to get it in. Going to have one tonight as a test.

Total Wine STILL don’t have it in !

Charleston, SC I even tried asking them and nobody knows anything.

Alex, I have forwarded your request to our National Sales Manager – will get you an answer ASAP. Check back here.

Alex,
        Advintage just ordered their allotment of Seventeen today… it will likely ship next week to them and then the will begin distribution. Tell your favorite store to get an order in ASAP!

Charleston, SC

8. [...] According to the brewery website, “Seventeen is a Saison Ale brewed with pink peppercorns, orange zest, lemon zest, and [...]

9. avatar David says:

Bought four today at the brewery. Enjoying my first right now. I will be back at the brewery next week to buy more. Thank you.

10. [...] beer. Now I am checking out their 17th!       Weyerbacher’s “Seventeen” Anniversary Ale is a Saison brewed w/ orange peel, lemon peel, grapefruit peel and pink [...]

11. avatar Kevin Bastos says:

A bit disappointed in Seventeen, but Fifteen was excellent, and Sixteen is in my must not miss by penalty of death, so you are forgiven. Keep it up, and I will keep collecting.

Hi Kevin… why disappointed? What didn’t you like about it? I mean, with respect to the style of a “super saison” which doesn’t really exist – lol

12. [...] weeks beer is Seventeen from Weyerbacher. Seventeen is a Saison Ale brewed with Pink peppercorns, Orange Zest, Lemon Zest, and Grapefruit [...]

Here’s an idea…Imperial Dubbel for an anniversary brew. But a dubbel at 10% or higher is more like a Belgian Strong Dark Ale…Just whatever you guys decide, please do NOT do an Imperial Pilsner/Lager, etc.

A year later and Seventeen is a wonderful spring’s, soon to be summer’s, afternoon treat. I just opened one of my four cases and I am glad I did.

And another year, Seventeen is two years old now. It has not disappointed, it has changed from a refreshing reward for mowing
    the lawn to a fine sipping ale. I look forward to how it is in another year.