Here’s the new logo!

Hope you like it as much as we do!

posted by shlampe in Brewer's Blog,News and have Comments (11)

11 Responses to “Here’s the new logo!”

1. avatar Jeff Hartley says:

Lovin the new logo!

2. avatar Carrie says:

Feels sort of medieval and middle-Europe. Was that what you were going for? Regardless, a HUGE improvement. Congrats!

3. avatar Jim says:

+1 Very cool

4. avatar slatedrake says:

Awesome logo!!! When can we get hats/shirts with it on?

Oh Yeah! Slatedrake has me imagining myself in a nice Red shirt with a GREAT BIG new Weyerbacher logo on the front. Everyone tells me that Red is my color. Let’s make it a Hoodie!

6. avatar Sorry, No. says:

Love the jester. Hate the font. It looks very amateurish and it’s difficult to read at various sizes (and you want your brand to have maximum visibility on the shelf, right?)

7. avatar Tim K says:

I like it. That pourcurator article shows that the logo looks good on just about any background color. My suggestion is to take that information and run with it.

The old label designs are all interesting and unique, but the stark differences between them meant that you didn’t carry a whole lot of familiarity or goodwill from beer to beer. If you use this new font and jester theme, and mostly just change up your background colors for each product in the lineup, now you’re developing a brand identity. If a customer is a big fan of one of your beers, similar labels can carry that goodwill over to the other beers. Suddenly, a black label Heresy says to a customer, “Hey, you know that green label Double Simcoe that you like? Well, these same jokers put just as much care and effort into this black label Heresy.” (Apologies to Johnnie Walker.) Southern Tier is one good example of this. I think they’re on the right track. You, however, have a better character!

Speaking of Heresy… isn’t it about time to release that stuff? I’m getting thirsty over here!

8. avatar David Schad says:

The sticker art and the label/poster are both very nice. I find the quarter profile on the sticker has depth that the label does not.
    The font is fine to my eyes with subtle symmetry. The artwork reference to the Blithering Idiot makes a worthwhile connection to such a phenomenal beer with the rest of the stable (brewpub sub-sub-reference).

9. avatar Mike Schuster says:

Love the new logo.

P.S. Can’t wait for HERESY to come out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It’s available starting 3/3/12 at the Visitors’ Center and will be hitting the shelves in your favorite store and hittin the Weyerbacher tap at your favorite bar shortly!