Nuts are really good. But add bacon and Weyerbacher beer? WAAAAY better. Thanks to Chef M. Hamilton for this delicious snack. They didn’t last long at our sales meeting yesterday!
6 ea Slices uncured bacon
6 oz Winter Ale
1 c Brown Sugar packed
1 t Kosher Salt
½ t Black Pepper
1/8 t Cayenne Pepper
20 oz Walnuts Halves
- Preheat over to 350.
- Render bacon until very crispy, set aside. Crush into very small pieces.
- Add all ingredients except walnuts to a small sauce pot and bring to a simmer, and cook for just a few minutes. Avoid boiling it over onto Bill’s stove.
- Put nuts in a pan large enough for them to be in one layer, and pour the sugar mixture over the nuts.
- Toss to coat the nuts.
- Place in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, mixing every 5 minutes or so. Cook until the liquid has evaporated and nuts have toasted and taken on a nice browned color.
- Allow to cool until sugar sets and becomes hard.
- Start another batch…they don’t last long.