Twelve

Our 12th anniversary brew is a Rye Barleywine. Checking in at 10.2% abv, Twelve is being released in July and through the end of the year.

Made from 50% Rye Malt and 50% Barley Malt, this strong ale is extremely viscous. The rye adds a tantalizing note of flavor on the palate with a hint of tartness you’ve come to expect from Rye.

Slightly warm when its young, the beer will age very well, perhap 5 years or more. We’re guessing that peak taste will be in the 1 to 2 year old range, with 3 and 4 not far behind. Be sure to lay some down in your collection.

posted by shlampe in Anniversary and have Comments (13)

13 Responses to “Twelve”

1. avatar Kevin says:

Found a two large bottles on the shelf, purchased one not realizing what I just read in the above caption. Gonna run out and get the second before someone else snags it.

2. avatar JS says:

Found a case of this at a distributor the other day. It is not quite what I expected, but still very good! I am finding it drinks better if not totally chilled through. Even room temperature is nice. I’m sipping it like a brandy. Delicious. I think though I might need to find someone to split the case with me.

3. avatar Big Mike says:

Just picked up an 11,12,13, and 15. A Tiny and also a Riserva. Dying to try ALL of them.

A good friend of mine found a bottle of this after I organized a tasting of 13, 14, 15, and 16. He brought if to finish off our set (or to begin really). It was incredibly good, never had it fresh but I can say it’s done well with age for sure. Wish I could find more.

Sounds like you had a nice night! Agreed, this IS an incredible beer. I have a decent stash in my personal cellar and every bottle is amazing.

Scored another bottle today in a trade out of State. Building my cellar one Weyer at a time.

I did not like it when I bought two cases in 2007. A year later it was better. Through neglect, I have almost two cases five years old. Now it is magnificent.

7. avatar Augest West says:

You are Soooooooo….. right!!! I finished my last Bottle in the Spring (trying to beat the 5 year date) and I must say that when I had my first I thought it was okay, but by the time I had my last, I wished that I had 24 more!!!