Thirteen

To celebrate our thirteenth year of brewing we decided to do something special to commemorate this momentous occasion. Thirteen is a Belgian-inspired Imperial Stout weighing in at 13.6%. This smooth sipper is made with 5 malts and a touch of oats. You’ll find big chocolate and roasted notes, balanced with the Belgian flavors from the Abbey yeast strain. This beer is very smooth and lacks the astringency you sometimes find in these huge Imperial Stouts. Like all of our anniversary beers, this one should age nicely for years to come. It will be available in 12oz. and 22oz. bottles and sixtels in draft. Recipe by Chris Wilson, Head Brewer.

posted by shlampe in Anniversary and have Comments (17)

17 Responses to “Thirteen”

Magnificent. The yeast sticks to the bottom of the bottle allowing a full glass to be poured crystal clear. Damn, I have only three unopened cases left.

• avatar Brian Phillips says:

Do you have any idea if this is still in the market anywhere? Would you be willing to part with a bottle for the right price?

We do not have an for sale here at the brewery. I do not know of any place that has either; however, you can call you local distributor and find out if they have any sugggestions. Otherwise, I’d go buy some Tiny and see if you like it as much.

CW

2. avatar Corey says:

google half time beverages. They have some for sale there.

3. avatar Jason says:

One of the best beers i’ve EVER had. I still have one left in my cellar from the orig half case I bought. Bruisin Ales of Asheville, NC has a few bottles left (& they ship)

4. avatar MrFreshy says:

I so miss this brew.
    Easily in the top 3 beers that I have ever had.
    Please bring this recipe in as a seasonal or something, please!

And as far as Tiny goes, I LOVE that too. Is that going to be year-round?

There’s a few bottles still residing in Athens, GA, I’ve gotten three and await time to go get more. This is one of the best beers you guys ever produced, hands down, and aging only makes it better.

One of our favs! Thanks for the heads-up! I s’pose they’re gonna get cleaned out ASAP as soon as others read this!

One and a half cases of Thirteen left.
    I thought I had more. (must have drunk them)

Well, I did it – I opened my last case of XIII and drank a bottle of it to get some energy. Only 23 bottles left .. boo hoo.

A nice surprise – I found a bottle of Thirteen while collating bottles in boxes in my cellar. I checked, my last case of Thirteen is missing one and I could have put the discovered one into it to make it complete, however, I decided to drink it for breakfast. The “Mona Lisa” is unique, but Weyerbacher knows how to make Thirteen again – I urge you to do so.

Thirteen and Tiny are very close so be sure to grab some and compare while your memory of that beer is still fresh! Tiny is based upon the Thirteen recipe however it is bottle-conditioned and is available all year long! (it is the only anniversary beer to spawn a full-time beer).