Muse Farmhouse Ale

Made with Pale malt, a little carapils, wheat, and oats, this warm weather seasonal is dry and ever so slightly tart on the pallet. At 6.2% ABV, it’s a bit higher than your strictly traditional farmhouse. The wheat and oats makes the mouthfeel silky and light at the same time. They also bring some additional cloudiness to this unfiltered brew. The peppery-spice character develops during a fairly warm fermentation (78°F) using the Forbidden Fruit Yeast strain and not any actual spice addition to the beer. Hopped with Styrian Goldings and finished with Saaz, this beer has a noticeable hoppy dryness which makes it a fine thirst quencher which is something the original Farmhouse Ales were intended to be. These beers would be served to workers out in the fields on hot summer days as a restorative. Muse will be available in May 2009.

Open a bottle and enjoy this natural beauty while imagining yourself out in the flat fields of Belgium! Cheers!

posted by shlampe in Retired and have Comments (12)

12 Responses to “Muse Farmhouse Ale”

1. avatar Kris & Carolyn says:

We Love Muse! Will you be making it this year and if so when will it be avaiable?
    Thanks!

2. avatar Scott says:

this was a really nice beer i thought , had it a bunch of times then before i knew it there was no more. great quencher for a hot day and overall nice beer.

should def come back

3. avatar Kit Brown says:

Sorry to see it go. A very nice warm weather beer. Was making the trip down from up state NY this weekend to get some. Diappointed.

4. avatar Kit Brown says:

Sorry, that should read “Disappointed”

5. avatar Debbie says:

I visited this website just to find out about your farmhouse ale. I had it last summer and loved it. I have been waiting for it to come out again and did not see it on your 2010 list at my local brewery. I loved this beer. Please consider bringing it back again!

I believe that you are refering to Muse. That beer was discontinued. We have decided to focus on Blanche and now Verboten during that time of year. We are relasing Kilo soon which is a similar style. Kilo is part of our Brewer’s Select Series so it will not be available for very long so get it as soon as you see it.

CW

6. avatar Kevin says:

Just devirginized after enjoying Muse. Loved the spice kick on my tastebuds, very silky even after sitting on the store shelf since 2009. Very nice. Thanks.

I found a bottle of this last week at a store in Athens, GA, got really excited knowing it was rare and now I find it’s retired, even cooler of a find. They have a couple more that I need to back and get.

Russ – this beer was not intended to cellar that long and should likely not be consumed. It certainly will not taste as we intended when the beer was fresh. Cool for a full/unopened bottle collection, for sure.

Dang, that hurts to hear. I figured it might be soured a little since it’s a saison, but it was something unique to add to the collection either way. Maybe I can take your comment and get the rest of the lot 90% off. :)

They did have a good stock of Thirteen too, I cleaned them out on that.