2 ea 6 – 8 z. Sirloin steaks, about 1/2 – 3/4 thick
1 T Peppercorns, cracked
1/2 T Coarse sea salt
1 t Ground coriander
1/4 c Vegetable/Canola oil
2 ea Russet potatoes, washed, cut in half lengthwise, then each half cut into thirds
1/4 c Extra virgin olive oil
1 t Coarse sea salt
1/2 t Black pepper
3 oz Baby greens, washed and dried
1/2 c Mayonnaise
3 T Fourteen
1/2 T Shallot, minced
To Taste Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients for salad except greens and put in refrigerator.
- Toss all ingredients for chips and place on a baking sheet. Put chips in oven for about an hour, flipping sides every 20 minutes or so to brown evenly.
- Crack peppercorns in a plastic bag with a meat mallet. With about 10 – 15 minutes left on the potatoes season the steaks with salt and coriander evenly on both sides. Then season one side only, of each steak with the cracked peppercorns. Put a non stick sauté pan over medium high heat with the oil.
- When the oil is faintly smoking add the steaks, peppercorn side down for 2 minutes or so until nicely browned and fragrant. Flip and cook other side for an equal amount of time.
- If you like your steak more well done, place in the oven until desired temperature (130 = medium rare, 135 = medium, 140 = medium well, all plus a proper rest).
- When steaks and chips are cooked, let the steaks rest for at least 5 minutes. Then toss the washed greens with the dressing, salt, and pepper.
- Serve together with extra dressing for dipping the steak and the chips…and more 14 of course.